Sous-Vide-Processed Sliders


Who doesn't love burgers? And if you haven't had a Sous-Vide-Process, you're missing out. I've eaten and made my fair share of SV-Process Burgers (Link #1, #2 & and my Mega 18-oz Burger and Monster 59-0z Burger). It's a family favorite. Eating a SV-Processed Burger is a religious experience if prepared properly. Prepared properly means don't make a dense patty, and don't overstuff the molds..etc. Anyhow, I thought to myself, why not sliders? I've made every size burger you can imagine. I have molds ranging from 4-inches to 8-inches. Then I thought why not slider molds. The molds for the sliders had to be food-safe and meet the size requirements to be called a slider. 

This Flexible Silicone Mold met all my needs. Food is safe from -75f to 482f. Their size meets all my needs for a slider too (2.75" Diameter X 1.06" Deep). I bought 4 of them. They will hold a perfect 95-gram burger. Each mold will hold 570 grams (1.25 lbs) of Ground meat, and all four required 2280 grams (5 lbs) of meat. 


Although not necessary, I sprayed them down with a little non-stick spray. You might be tempted to tamper the meat down but try to avoid doing this. Tampering will make a dense burger.


This is an important part so pay attention.  These molds are flexible, and if you use a vac sealer, it will warp the burger. You must freeze a little before vac sealing. Because these molds are flexible the vac bag squeezes around the round mold so water can circulate.

SV-Processed at 131.5f for 2.75 hours. If you want to eat right away, Shock for about 10 minutes in cold water and proceed. Or you can shock and refrigerate for later. The burgers are pasteurized, which means you can store in the refrigerator for 30-90 days based on refrigerator temps. If you refrigerate the fat will congeal in the mold so you must rinse in hot water (still vac sealed) to loosen a bit. Don't worry about retherming because the searing will bring it up to a proper serving temp. Or if you want SV-Process again at 128f for about 30-45 minutes.


What did I do? I coated them with a schmear of mayo and used my Umami Powder plus, pepper, and a BBQ Rub. The mayo acts as a glue for the herbs and spices. 
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math