Pineapple Ice-Cream (Sous-Vide)

This Ice-Cream was delicious. Adapting my BASE Ice-Cream to accommodate the increased moisture from the Pineapple was necessary. Modifying the recipe was effortless provided you can do a little math. I did the same thing for my Bananas Foster Ice-Cream. 

Follow these simple instructions, and you too can make a delicious Ice-Cream. I need to buy some Pineapple Liqueur because I think this could have been a great addition to the recipe. The Liqueur was an afterthought.....next time.


Add 73 g of White Sugar to a bowl and whip until Ribbons form. Set Aside...





I used a Vitamix, but you can use any mixer you want. I also used a scale with a Tare feature. Place the mixer container on the scale and measure out every ingredient using the tare feature. Add Milk, Heavy Whip Cream, remaining sugar (70 g) Vanilla Extract, Vanilla Paste, Pineapple Extract, Pineapple Chunks that have been drained and lightly puree. 



In a separate bowl, add and mix dry ingredients (Skim-Milk-Powder, Avacream, and Salt) using the same technique as above. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and process on low-med until thoroughly combined. You don't want any distinguishable pineapple chunks. 

Add the Eggs that were whipped to the ribbon state to the mixer and puree.



Follow my instructions in my Base Ice-Cream to process the Ice-Cream. You can choose to do it on the stovetop or use your Immersion Circulator to Sous-Vide-Process. I decided to SV-Process, and I always use 150f at 2 hours. Use the displacement to submerge the bag unless you have a chamber vac machine.

After the 2-hour elapsed time shock base in Ice-Water. Refrigerate at least 6 hours before you start churning. 


Prepare the Pineapple as described in the photo to the left. 
Begin adding the pineapple chunks you cut up earlier to the Ice-Cream-Base during the churning process at about 7 minutes or so. You want the pineapple suspended in the Ice-Cream. I prefer very tiny chunks.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math