Sous-Vide Burger (Second Attempt)

My second Sous-Vide Burger examination (6/2015). Before I make my custom blend of burger meat, I am attempting to dial in my personal preferences for a perfect Sous-Vide Burger. I am trying to answer the proverbial question. What temp?..what temp?..what temp? As you well know you cook the meat at the temp, you serve it at. Do you like pink or very pink meat? I love pink meat and like the texture too. The first burger I did SV was cooked at 133f degrees, and it came out great, but I wanted it to be softer and pinker. This burger was cooked at 129f degrees and seared in a smoking hot skillet. It was almost perfect but fell a tiny bit short. My first Sous-Vide Burger can be found HERE. I am gonna try 131.5f degrees next time and note the texture differences. The second burger was cooked at 129f degrees also had smoked gouda and homemade pastrami (Flankstrami) made by yours truly as a topping. Man oh man was it delicious. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math