Rub & Cure for Pastrami

My updated cure for my Pastrami and Corned Beef although it will work with any meat. 

Note: Percentages are based on the green weight of the meat. Which means after trimming and before cure (Raw Weight). 




Note: I have developed new times and temps for Brisket Pastrami- I like 142 f now for 40-44 hours. For Tongue, I love 142 f for 48 hours. 

April 6, 2019-Last night I tried 131 f for 72 hours for Corned Beef. It was amazing! I SV-Processed the Flat only, and it was used for Corned-beef and not Pastrami. I have not tried this with the point because of fat content. 

Note: the time above only works for Corned Beef and not Pastrami. 


Note: The Rub percentages are based on cured meat. Cured meat meaning after the meat is cured,  rinsed, dried, and weighed. 


Note: this makes a lot... use as much or as little as you want. There should be some leftover at the end of the Hot Smoke. If you want to, you can reduce the percentages by 30%

Note: Sometimes you don't need to apply more rub after SV-Processing. I've noticed that the SV-Processing at times does not remove all that much and reapplication is not necessary. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math