Flintstones French Toast

Don't kid your self bigger is always better. Fred would be proud to eat this French Toast. For those readers that never watched the Flintstones you don't know what you were missing.  Fred had a huge appetite that only a mother could love and a heart to match.
I am sure if Fred came across my French Toast he would utter his famous phase"YABBA DABBA DOO"     
Forewarned these babies are stuffed and high in calories so dieters beware. Definitely not for people watching their waist line. These babies are carb overload and like Fred you will need a nap after breakfast. 

First thing you have to decide is what kind of bread you want to use. 



You gotta choose something that can hold up to the stuffing and a crushing dip into frosted flakes. 
I chose Challah for my French toast. Challah is a egg enriched bread and it makes incredible French Toast.

When I have time I like making my
own.  I like to roll each strand of braid in cinnamon sugar first before braiding It creates an incredible flavor. If you cannot find Challah than almost any thick sliced bread can work. Try a Pullman loaf UN-sliced or Texas Toast. 



Now on to the creme de la creme which I call the Flintstones French Toast. Slice the bread into very thick slices. Spread cream cheese on both sides of bread and place your favorite fruit on one side. If peaches would have been in season I would have used them. My alternate was strawberries. 

Close the sandwich up. 



Have a bowl of crushed Frosted Flakes
available for dipping. 

Dip your French Toast into the batter and make sure it gets a good wet coating. now dip into frosted flakes. 

Make sure that your frosted flakes have been crushed very small so they will stick your to your egg dipped bread. Ensure that your Frosted flakes cover the sides and surface of your bread.  

Fry until golden brown!!!!! Top with your favorite sauce or my favorite Butter Pecan Peach Sauce.  

French Toast Batter
2 cups of Half and Half
6 eggs
1/2 tsp of salt
2 tsp vanilla extract

lots of butter for frying. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math