Butter Pecan Peach Sauce

This sauce is the Bomb!!! That's of course dependent  on whether you like rich like substances that just oozes and screams delicious.  

I have to be honest this is not exactly my recipe.  I first came across it while dining in a fancy restaurant. I had this wonderful french toast made with Challah and they topped it with sliced peaches and candied walnuts.  


After I added butter and maple syrup to my French toast the gastronomic explosion happened and a new sauce was created. 


If fresh peaches are out of season or you don't want to go to the trouble than canned peaches are completely acceptable.  Just choose peaches in light syrup because you are going to drain off the syrup anyway. 


Combine in Saucepan 


About 3 cups of fresh sliced peaches 
or 2 cans of peaches in light syrup drained. 
1 stick of unsalted butter (4 oz)
1 cup (or more) of your favorite Dark Maple syrup.



2-3 cups of Pecans (more is better in my opinion) 
Heat through and reduce sauce a bit or until desired thickness.  If you plan on reducing it a lot add the Pecans after you have already reduced it a bit. I prefer a thicker sauce so I add my pecans in last.  

Try this with FLINTSTONES FRENCH TOAST

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math