Chucky Escapes from the Freezer (Sous-vide)

A frequent question asked in the Sous-Vide Food-Groups "How Much Time to Add from Frozen." After having a conversation with a friend in one of the groups about my Data Collection of various proteins, thicknesses, and crazy methods, he commented about the time needed to go from the frozen to refrigerator temps. I thought to myself, well, that's easy to do. I told him I can do that easily. 

Granted, there are way too many variables to think of this as an end-all test. Just to name a few.....Freezer-temps are different from freezer to the freezer, Protein type (Muscle density & Thermal Diffusion), thickness, etc. So take this Data with a grain of salt. It was conducted for Gee-Whiz reasons.

Another Gee-Whiz thing......I didn't do it with this protein, but using a pump to circulate the water during the Shocking phase will yield a 25-28% increase in the protein's descending temperature.
   





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math