requests for the recipe were overwhelming. And it doesn't hurt that I like to write posts and recipes. This dip also falls under the Keto diet too. If you're into the Keto dieting and cooking you have to give this a try.
I'll be the first one to admit that this artichoke dip never tastes the same twice. Why? Well, it's like this; I like mixing things up a bit and I like to try new flavors and ideas. Anyhow, I suggest you take this recipe and use it as a base for other crazy things. Food and recipes are only limited to your imagination and if you think about it for a moment you know I'm right.
I will write up the basic recipe with some notes and explain what I did. Look at the pictures to see and replicate what I did.
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Med-Lg Onion
- 6 green onions
- 33 oz Jar of Artichoke hearts in water
- 3-8 Garlic cloves
- 3 cups of chopped Spinach or kale or both
- 2 1/2 cups of sour-cream or 1 1/4 cups of mayo and 1 1/4 cup of sour cream or to taste. (I prefer Mayo...love this stuff)
- 2 Cups Gorgonzola cheese or favorite blue cheese
- 2 Cups of Feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 Cup of chopped Cilantro
- 1-2 Avocado chopped up (optional and not necessary. I added this because of the healthy fat.
Here are the Peppers, Onions and Green Onions all chopped up.... see that was easy!
Although not shown in picture the Spinach and Kale were chopped up into very small pieces.
Although not necessary I love avocado. This is completely optional. Add them, don't add them it's up to you. I added two of them.
Toss in the rest of your ingredients and adjust for consistency and desired results. Keep tasting and adjusting. Don't forget you can add or subtract to make this dish yours.
Take all four nuts or whatever combo you want and chop them up for the topping.