The Majestic Artichoke Dip

I have been making this Artichoke dip or a version of it for quite some time. I decided to write it down because it's the bomb. Well truth be told I had to; the 
requests for the recipe were overwhelming. And it doesn't hurt that I like to write posts and recipes. This dip also falls under the Keto diet too. If you're into the Keto dieting and cooking you have to give this a try.


I'll be the first one to admit that this artichoke dip never tastes the same twice. Why? Well, it's like this; I like mixing things up a bit and I like to try new flavors and ideas. Anyhow, I suggest you take this recipe and use it as a base for other crazy things. Food and recipes are only limited to your imagination and if you think about it for a moment you know I'm right. 



I will write up the basic recipe with some notes and explain what I did. Look at the pictures to see and replicate what I did.

  • 1 Red Bell Pepper
  • 1 Med-Lg Onion
  • 6 green onions
  • 33 oz Jar of Artichoke hearts in water
  • 3-8 Garlic cloves
  • 3 cups of chopped Spinach or kale or both
  • 2 1/2 cups of sour-cream or 1 1/4 cups of mayo and 1 1/4 cup of sour cream or to taste. (I prefer Mayo...love this stuff)
  • 2 Cups Gorgonzola cheese or favorite blue cheese
  • 2 Cups of Feta cheese 
  • 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • 1/2-1 Cup of chopped Cilantro 
  • 1-2 Avocado chopped up (optional and not necessary. I added this because of the healthy fat. 
Optional- lots of other interesting ingredients could include Oregano, Thyme, Marjoram or spices mixes. I love the spices mixes at Costco. And if you feel so inclined substitute or add cream-cheese.



Chop the artichokes. The desired size is up to you. I prefer larger pieces. 






Here are the Peppers, Onions and Green Onions all chopped up.... see that was easy!










I love Garlic!!! Use as much as you want!!! Don't forget to chop it up.







Although not shown in picture the Spinach and Kale were chopped up into very small pieces. 







Although not necessary I love avocado. This is completely optional. Add them, don't add them it's up to you. I added two of them. 


Let's start cooking. Add peppers and onions to the saute pan and cook using coconut oil. Cook for several minutes until onions become soft and start taking on some color. 
BTW- I chose coconut 
oil because it's healthy and I am making more of a keto dish. Any fat will do though. After you are satisfied with the color of the onions add garlic and green onion and saute for a few minutes. While cooking the different components of the dish I am adding salt and pepper and other spices. Layering your spices from the beginning builds a great dish. This little tidbit applies to all food.


Toss in the artichoke hearts and cook for a few minutes. Add the Spinach and kale. It cooks down rather quickly. Taste several times and adjust seasoning if need be. Don't overlook this step.



Toss in the rest of your ingredients and adjust for consistency and desired results. Keep tasting and adjusting. Don't forget you can add or subtract to make this dish yours.







Use Pine nuts, Pecans, Walnuts and Almonds....or whatever.
These are my preferences and choices but you can use whatever you want.


 Take all four nuts or whatever combo you want and chop them up for the topping.











Toss everything into a baking dish and bake at 350 F degrees for about 30 min or until you see some bubbling on the top. Serve Hot!!!!

 or serve in individual bowls 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math