"Frugality Has No Place in Culinary Epiphanies"
"Those that hold fast to authenticism stifle originality and uniqueness"
Homemade Corned Beef Hash
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Note: Boil Potatoes with Salt and a little baking soda to increase pectin break down. Increasing the PH will all for better browning. Boil until about 75% cooked through.
Pharmacy Meds Online Is Here For You With Best And Branded Cheap Pills Of Different Disorders. Also Get the Best Articles That Can Help You Against Disorders. Just Click On the Links Below.
(OP-2016) I wrote this up to help you with some of my recipes. I hope these notes and links expand your knowledge of curing. My recipes are straightforward to follow if you use the info given below. Replicating my recipes is possible because I use percentages for everything. The weight of meat plus fat is 100%, and all ingredients to be added are expressed as a percentage of the weight of the meat plus fat. Percentages can be used to standardize recipes regardless of batch size, and all weights are metric. An online calculator is provided below. No weights are given because the weights of meats vary. Again everything is a percentage of the meat's weight after trimming. Here is an example- Meat weight, 2393 grams, and we want to find out the amount of salt we need in grams- 2393 * 3.5%=83.755 or 2392/100 * 3.5 =83.755 grams. Or 2393 * .035 = 83.755 For most of my recipes, I use .25% c...
"Warm-Aging-Meat w/ Sous-Vide was my previous post title, but I think the new one really reflects what it is we are doing. The technique uses a SOUS-VIDE Circulator to promote the Calpain and Cathepsin Enzymes' activity through the manipulation of temperature. Say What? Exactly!!! Words can't even come close to what I was thinking. I knew I had to explore this technique through experimentation. I am not a scientist; however, I know how food is supposed to taste and look. So here we go!!! See some of my experiments HERE . This is an updated paper… The first one was HERE . _____________________________ So What is Warm-Aging? The story goes like this... By bringing up the temperature of the meat to 103 f (I have read 104 f is also used, and that's what I use) Degrees for X amount of time, you increase the activity of the Calpain and at 120 f (I have also read that the upper range is 122 f) the Cathepsin....
Note 1: The weight of meat plus fat is 100%. All ingredients to be added are expressed as a percentage of the weight of meat plus fat. Percentages can be used to standardize recipes regardless of batch size. All weights are metric. Note 2: No weights are given because the weights of meats vary. Everything is a percentage of the meats weight after trimming. Example- Meat weight 2393 grams and we want to find out the amount of salt we need in grams- 2393 X 3.5%=83.755 or 2392/100 X 3.5 =83.755 grams. Note 3: I use .25% cure #1 & #2 for all my curing needs. This equates to 156 ppm of Sodium Nitrite allowed by the Meat Division of the USDA for Comminuted meats . The .25% corresponds to 1 oz (28.35 g) of Cure for each 25 lbs (11.33 kg) of meat. l lb of Meat would need .04 oz of Cure. Percentage is .25% of the meats weight. I.E 16 oz X .25% = .04 oz . My preference is to always use grams....
Pharmacy Meds Online Is Here For You With Best And Branded Cheap Pills Of Different Disorders. Also Get the Best Articles That Can Help You Against Disorders. Just Click On the Links Below.
ReplyDeletePharmacy Meds Online
OTC Pills Store
Symptoms Category
Our Latest Blogs
Modalert 100mg Online