Thai Curry with Chicken

So this particular Thai Curry dish is similar to my Panang Curry, so nothing new per-say, but I wanted to document what I did. As some of you know, this blog is my pseudo food diary. Sometimes I come up with mind-blowing concepts, and other times, it's a simple post-recording of my inner foodie's creations. I served this one a little differently because I wanted to go low carb. I used cauliflower rice, and a hard sauté of veggies. I will explain what a hard sauté later. 


Mise-en-place-begins





Start chopping up all the veggies and ingredients you want to add.  



Diced up the green onions and set them aside. Do the same thing with the Cilantro. Save the ends, too, which we will add to the Wok too. The ends have amazing flavor. 
  



Have a lot of Basil on hand too. Let's not forget the Kaffir leaves, which are optional but are a great addition to this recipe if you can get them.






Lots of garlic!!!! 









These are sweet mini peppers. I used a lot of these in the dish. Slice them really thin, and if you can, keep their oval shape too.






Palm Sugar is a must!!!







Let's not forget the Red-Boat Fish Sauce!!! And this dish would not be complete without the Curry Paste.


If you like a little heat, add these babies. 






Traditional Woks are nice, but a regular frying pan will work. Add your favorite oil. Mine happens to be avocado oil. Add your curry paste and cook for a few minutes. 



Add your veggies and fry them all up. Get some color on them. 



Start adding all the green stuff too. I really like using the ends of Cilantro, which packs a lot of flavors. 


Add the chicken thighs and stir fry a bit. Start layering basil and kaffir leaves. 






Keep going!!! 








Add some more green onions. I cut them a little longer this time. I added them in the beginning, but for me, it's all about the textures. Adding them towards the end will allow them to have more crunch. Gotta include bean sprouts. 


 Add a can of Coconut milk and palm sugar. Start tasting and make necessary adjustments. I added more basil and fish sauce. I also added lots of crushed peanuts for texture and taste. 


Cook the Cauliflower Rice in a Non-Stick pan with just a little cooking oil or spray. Add whatever you want. I added some green onions, cilantro, and spices. I wanted to preserve the crunch, which means I cooked it on a high flame. I did not want soft rice, which means avoiding overcooking and braising. The whole thing took maybe 5 minutes. 

For the veggies? Cook hard and fast. You want them aldente with a little color too. 



Plate anyway you want. I layered everything, starting with the veggies, rice, curry, more green onions, cilantro, basil, sweet pepper, and more peanuts. 






And if you want to make a Stew Version add tomato products, more coconut, carrots, etc......




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math