Italian Beef Sandwich


Are you familiar with an Italian Beef Sandwich? This is by far one of the world's greatest sandwiches ever created
!! And the only exception I might be a good Pastrami sandwich made by yours truly. 

Where's the beef? I am going to list a couple of recipes for Beef that I use. Note: I like using Top Round or Top Sirloin for the Italian Beef Sandwich. A must of course is to slice very thin. You can disregard the rubs and use whatever you want. For my Italia beef, I keep it very simple.


Sauteed Peppers and Onions. And Homemade Giardiniera.








Homemade Au jus/Stock/Broth. Just google how to a make one if you don't know how. I kept my simple and small. Note: the Au jus Temp and cannot exceed 135 degrees. More on this later.
Pick out some awesome Bread. 

Slice open the Bread and spread out the mayo. This of course is optional. Mayo acts as a barrier against the Au jus soaking all the way through the Bread.  
Submerge the Roast Beef in the Au Jus and give it a turn or two. This should take less than 10 seconds. You don't want to cook the meat so remember to keep Au Jus temp below 135 degrees. If the temp is above this, it will make the Roast Beef tough. Anyhow get the meat nice and soaking wet and add layer it on the Bread. 

Lots of meat. Load this baby up!!

Add the peppers and onions.

Add the Giardiniera and more Au Jus if you want.

Roll up in Parchment paper. i do this because it's easier to handle. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math