Onion Jam Cream-Cheese Dip

Not really a recipe but I took notes anyway. I had all these onions and I had to do something with them. So why is this not really a recipe. Becaused I just tossed in bunch of stuff in a pot that I knew would taste good and I decided to write it down. 


Slice up four really large onions and one red bell pepper. Or whatever you want. 



Toss in lots of butter and start cooking. Add some salt and pepper. Adding salt helps draw out the moisture and aids in flavor and texture.  BTW- not to brag about size but this pan is 20 inches across and 5 inches high. 




Saute until caramelized. At this stage I added about 6 cloves of minced garlic.






Add a 1/2 cup of brown sugar and continue to cook for about 15 minutes or until onions look like this. At this point I added a 2 tsp of thyme and some other stuff. Not rocket science so add whatever else you want. 





Toss in about a 1/2 c of balsamic vinegar and deglaze,  Add 1/8 c worcheshire sauce, 1/3 cup of your favorite mustard and cook for a few more minutes. 




Start adding the remaining ingredients. 


Green onion and Cilantro of course. 








I diced up some pastrami but you can add whatever you want. 



You can serve it many ways. I tossed it in a large casserole dish and finished in oven oven. Another option is to put in small ramekins, add cheese and some pastrami or bacon to the top and toss in salamander or broiler. 







4 large onions sliced
1 large red bell pepper sliced
6 cloves of diced garlic
1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/8 cup worcheshire sauce
1/3 cup mustard
2 tsp Thyme
2 lbs of Cream-cheese
8 oz of Mayo
2/3 cup Green Onion
2/3 cup cilantro
salt and pepper to taste

Add whatever you want!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math