Wild Mushroom Bolognese


You see that gorgeous picture above? Beautiful Chanterelle and Lobster mushrooms that were given to me by a dear friend who picked them the day before in the state park.  You cannot get them any fresher than that. It was only fitting to make something special.  Why not a Bolognese sauce infused with the mushrooms, a freshly ground flatiron steak for flavor and some simple but delectable flavors that would not over power the made of honor notably the mushrooms.    


When I cook it's extremely rare that I make the same dish twice because I never write anything down.  Writing down recipes is boring and time consuming. I would rather spend my time just whipping things up and going by taste and looks.  Cooking for me is exciting because I never know how its going to turn out.  Well that is not exactly true because I know its going to be great.   My motto is simple, great fresh ingredients produces great food. 

So what did I do? First thing I did was roughed chopped the mushrooms and take took a moment to appreciate their wonderful smell. Their woodsy and fresh smell was reminiscent of some Italian restaurants I  enjoyed as a boy not to mention my Sicilian grandfathers kitchen. I than sauteed the mushrooms with some salt and pepper. I added a couple of shallots, garlic and minced sun-dried tomatoes.  I added the ground up meat and cooked until all pink was out of the meat.    



I deglazed the pan with a Tawny , I added some tomato products, some Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese and adjusted the spices.  You know salt, pepper, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and fresh parsley. 






I added the king of cheeses last
....Mascarpone.  






   A MASTERPIECE...

















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math