Coffee Ginger Sauce

OXO COLD BREW
Blogging about this sauce came as a surprise to me because I never wrote it down before now. Over the years it has evolved several times too. I had a few requests for the recipe so I did my best to annotate and make some adjustments along the way. What makes this recipe fun and unique is the use of coffee. I prefer to use cold brewed coffee because it is concentrated and contains less acidity. You don't have to use cold brewed coffee but it's what I did. Having used the Toddy and the Oxo cold brew systems I would have to agree with the reviews and say the OXO is the way to go. 

Recipe

2 1/4 cups of Cold Brewed Coffee
1/4 of Good quality Soy Sauce
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 Brown Sugar
20 grams of Fresh Ginger or to taste
35 grams of Fresh Garlic
1-2 Tangerines Peeled. Reserve the ZEST
1 tsp of Kosher Salt
2 tsp of coarse Ground Pepper 

Toss everything in a Blender (I use a Vita-mix) and blend until thoroughly pureed. Place mixture on stove top in a saucepan and reduce to at least 50% of its original volume . It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. This is where you can get creative. You could add more coffee to bring out the coffee flavor which I will do often. If it is not hot enough add some Sambal or Sriracha. Consider adding some instant coffee if you want a more intense flavor or add more cold pressed coffee. Note: it will initially taste pretty strong but after you apply it your protein and grill or roast it will mellow out. 

I have used this sauce for grilling ,roasting chicken and or beef. Use whatever rubs or sauces you want for your protein. 
 
Grilled Chicken with Asian Spices and herbs. Sauced was used as a BBQ sauce. 










In Cauliflower Rice too.





Using here as a quick Marinade with Asian Spies for Skirt Steak.




Skirt Steak grilled to perfection all the while applying more sauce. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Burnt Ends the Sous-Vide way!!!

Eye-of-Round (Sous-Vide)

Curing Notes and some Math